Graduate Certificate in Mental Health
Master of Mental Health
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 APRIL 2024
START DATE: 22 APRIL 2024
Ranked in the top
1% of universities worldwide**
Complete in 18 months***
Request more information
Complete the form below for detailed course information and to be contacted by phone and email.
Save on your course fees
There are a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places available for our April 2024 intake. With this government subsidy, there are significant fee savings on the cost of your study.
- The cost of the Graduate Certificate with a CSP is $2,223 (normally $13,200).
- The cost of the Master with a CSP is $12,804 (normally $39,600).*
Be in high demand and make a difference with study in mental health
The La Trobe Online Graduate Certificate in Mental Health is a nested qualification within the Master of Mental Health.
Take a step in your mental health career with our graduate certificate and develop specialised skills to help you tap into the growing demand for mental health professionals. Whether you have experience in nursing, social work, allied health, teaching, human resources, disability, psychology, or anything else, studying mental health can help you upskill and launch your career.
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand the interrelationship between medical, social and psychological health.
- Use evidence-based practice in mental health promotion and mental illness prevention.
- Develop your critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Use ethical frameworks in critical decision making.
There are a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places for the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health that have been made available this term.
The total cost of the course with a CSP is $2,223 (normally $13,200).
Designed specifically for educators, our Online Graduate Certificate in Mental Health for Education teaches you to create a positive impact by identifying and managing mental health issues among students. Throughout our Certificate’s four subjects, you will explore topics in school responsiveness, trauma theory, experiences and perceptions of mental illness and therapeutic skills for mental health.
When you complete our Graduate Certificate, you will be able to:
- Apply understandings of the experiences and perceptions of mental well-being in the context of family, school and community to contribute to the development and restoration of safe learning environments.
- Create culturally safe learning environments through respectful language and terminology, acknowledging the relationship between culture and well-being.
- Participate in cross-disciplinary teams to promote universal approaches to well-being, demonstrating a functional understanding of mental health systems and community support resources available to schools and individuals.
- Lead school-based teams in the design and implementation of person-centered responses to well-being needs, including strategies for promoting relational advocacy, collaborative conversations and evidence-based practices.
The La Trobe Online Graduate Certificate in Mental Health for Education is a nested qualification within the Master of Education. Upon completing the Certificate, you have the option of continuing to La Trobe’s Master of Education degree with advanced standing.
There are a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places for the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health for Education that have been made available this term.
The total cost of the course with a CSP is $12,804 (normally $39,600).
Build on your experience and take the next step in your career with our Master of Mental Health. The course is designed to support you as you navigate what it takes to change lives in the mental health sector, and shape positive change in communities.
Our mental health curriculum equips you with metro, regional and rural perspectives. You’ll learn to implement systematic analysis and understand the relationship between theory and clinical practice, thanks to our evidence-based teaching.
Graduate fully equipped to pursue opportunities in areas like:
- public and private healthcare organisations
- child mental health services
- long-term care settings
- mental health research
La Trobe’s online Master of Mental Health has been developed in collaboration with Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA). As the first fully online course made available to allied health clinicians striving for a mental health career, it is guided by mental health practice principles.
Mental Health Counsellor $47,000 – $87,000
Clinical Psychologist $59,000 – $117,000
Case Manager $50,000 – $80,000
Health Manager $54,000 – $114,000
All salary information provided by Payscale.com
Why study La Trobe’s online health Master’s courses?
Developed in collaboration with industry partners
The degree is relevant and reflective of today’s public health workforce.
La Trobe is ranked #45 among the world’s best young universities
Times Higher Education (THE), 2020, THE Young University Rankings 2020
La Trobe is ranked in the top 50 best universities across East Asia, South-east Asia and Oceania
Times Higher Education (THE), 2020, World University Rankings 2021 by Subject: Clinical, Pre-clinical and Health
About La Trobe University
At La Trobe University, we believe you need a powerful skill set beyond what you learn in a textbook. We teach you how to adapt to new situations, connect with others, take the lead and think differently, all while you learn the skills and knowledge you need to advance your career.
Source and disclaimers
*Fees may vary depending on subject selection.
**Times Higher Education (THE, 2020)
***Average completion time for full-time students